We are encouraging you to write-up a proposal that will engage the artists involved. The proposal could be a walk, performance, lecture, skill-share, discussion, reading group or something else entirely, but it should be led/initiated by you or a group and engage everyone else. We would also like you to tell us about yourself and your practice and interests.
It is important to take account of the rural location and surrounding environment of the Lake District. There are a few questions that are important to consider.
- What does it mean to work in a rural setting?
- What materials and objects can we work with and explore?
- How will your proposal work in a large group?
- How will it engage the artists?
- How does your proposal work with the surrounding environment?
- What space/area will you need?
- What equipment and additional materials will you need?
- Where might your proposal lead to after the summer programme?
- Are you mindful of the environment and wildlife?
You do not have to identify as an artist to apply. We welcome proposals from writers, ecologists, growers, architects, musicians, makers, curators, researchers, photographers…
There are no age limitations or education expectations.